What are you?

A blog dedicated to four college students' creative adventures and self-growth.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

"ididnt know lovely 2"



had to write a love song
does this sound like love?
yeah i'm talking to you
and there's always a “you”
in a love song

could it be that you carried me at a frequency
higher than the trees
so high i couldn’t see

how to right a love song
when i love wrong
and it’s all about you
but i think about me
in a love song

could it be you won’t carry me
at a frequency
riding with the leaves
so high i can’t see

could it be you that carried me
and there's always a you
but it all about me
so high i can’t see
and does that
does that sound like love?
(repeat)

Finally finished this challenge and wrote my first original song. I play music, I like to sing, and I'm a student of Poetry, but I've always felt intimidated by songwriting. It was difficult in the beginning to merge the sound with words. Lyrics are my favorite though, close to poetry but more spare and mysterious. They can be cliché and repetitive because the sound carries the phrase. They also don't have to make any sense, and yet together with the sound, the song can make perfect sense. Anyway, :"> I recorded a million times trying to get it right, but I had to stop that. It’s Sunday already and no time to mull over perfection. I'll definitely keep working on lyrics and songwriting. Music's too stimulating to ignore.

Next time with feeling,

The DDD

2 comments: