What are you?

A blog dedicated to four college students' creative adventures and self-growth.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Reflection

These last three weeks have been fun. I learned a lot about myself. I learned I can wear any outfit and still feel comfortable. I learned I can write a song. Basically, when put to the test, I can do pretty much anything I try. I think I just get lazy at times and I don’t do things because of that reason, but no more, I believe the most challenging things are the most worth it.

My favorite challenge was the love song challenge. I had the most fun coming up with the story for my song. I’m a novel writer, so it challenged my skills in a completely different aspect of writing. I have a new-found respect for song writers. It is one thing to write a poem, but a song is spoken. It has to sound good when read and sung, so certain sound devices have to be considered. I had the most fun coming up with the story for my song.

My least favorite challenge was the tacky day, just because it was hard to find something to wear that was actually tacky. Just a theory, but I think subconsciously I tried to match. When I was a kid, I couldn’t match for the life of me. But eventually, I trained my brain to recognize what matches and what doesn’t. Just a theory though.

The challenges I had the most trouble with were tacky day and free hug day. I’m a shy person when it comes to strangers. Free Hug Day really put me out there and into the spotlight, so much so, I wasn’t use to all of the attention.

Overall, it was a great three weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment